This article needs to be updated.
|CEO of The Walt Disney Company|
|Assumed office |
February 25, 2020
|Preceded by||Bob Iger|
|Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts|
February 23, 2015 – February 25, 2020
|Preceded by||Thomas O. Staggs|
|Succeeded by||Josh D'Amaro|
August 21, 1960
Hammond, Indiana, U.S.
Cynthia Ann Ford (m. 1980)
Robert "Bob" Chapek (born 21 August 1960) is an American media executive officer and businessman. He is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of The Walt Disney Company. Before becoming CEO on February 25, 2020, he was the Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Chapek was appointed as the president of Disney Consumer Products in September 2011. On February 23, 2015, Chapek was named chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts effective that day to replace Thomas O. Staggs.
References[change | change source]
- Company, Walt Disney. "Bob Chapek, Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts". nwitimes.com. Retrieved February 25, 2020.
- "Bob Chapek". Archived from the original on 2021-05-23. Retrieved 2020-02-26.
- Littleton, Cynthia (February 25, 2020). "Bob Chapek to Succeed Bob Iger as Disney CEO". Variety. Retrieved February 25, 2020.
- Chmielewski, Dawn C. (September 10, 2011). "Disney names Robert Chapek head of consumer products group". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 20, 2012.
- Barnes, Brooks (February 23, 2015). "Disney Names Robert Chapek Chairman for Theme Parks". New York Times. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Littleton, Cynthia (February 5, 2015). "Disney Promotes Tom Staggs to No. 2 Post, Positioning Him as Iger's Successor". Variety.com. Variety Magazine. Retrieved February 5, 2015.
- "Bob Chapek named Walt Disney Co. CEO, replacing Bob Iger". Los Angles Times. February 25, 2020.
Other websites[change | change source]
| CEO of The Walt Disney Company