Iger in June 2013
Robert Allen Iger
February 10, 1951
|Education||B.S., Ithaca College, 1973|
|Employer||The Walt Disney Company|
|Title||Chairman & CEO|
|Board member of||Apple Inc.|
|Spouse(s)||Susan (divorced; 2 children)|
Willow Bay (1995–present; 2 children)
Before Disney, Iger served as the president of ABC Television from 1994 to 1995 and the president and chief operating officer (COO) of Capital Cities/ABC, Inc. from 1995 until Disney's acquisition of the company in 1996.
He was named president and COO of Disney in 2000, and later succeeded Michael Eisner as CEO in 2005, after a successful effort by Roy E. Disney to shake-up the management of the company. As part of his yearly compensation, Iger earned $44.9 million in 2015.
On February 25, 2020, Iger announced his retirement as CEO of Disney.
References[change | change source]
- Variety Staff (December 23, 2015). "Disney CEO Bob Iger's Compensation Falls to $44.9 Million in 2015". Variety. Retrieved June 24, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Disney Biography of Mr. Robert A. Iger". Retrieved 7 June 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Executive Profile for Robert A. Iger". Bloomberg News. 5 May 2016. Retrieved 9 June 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Robert Iger 1951— Biography - sources for further information".
- "Robert Iger Biography". Encyclopedia of World Biography.
- "C-SPAN Biography of Mr. Robert A. Iger". C-SPAN.org. Retrieved 8 July 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Orwall, Bruce (March 4, 2004). "Eisner Steps Down as Disney Chairman". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved June 6, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Disney Press Release Naming Iger as New CEO". Wall Street Journal. March 13, 2005. Retrieved June 6, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Mucha, Zeina; Singer, Lowell (2020-02-25). "Bob Chapek Named Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company". The Walt Disney Company.