C. S. Seshadri
Conjeevaram Srirangachari Seshadri FRS (29 February 1932 – 17 July 2020) was an Indian mathematician. He was the founder and Director-Emeritus of the Chennai Mathematical Institute. He was known for his work in algebraic geometry. The Seshadri constant is named after him. He was a recipient of the Padma Bhushan in 2009, the third highest civilian honor in the country.
Seshadri died on 17 July 2020, aged 88.
References[change | change source]
- "C S Seshadri – A Glimpse of His Mathematical Personality" (PDF). Asia Pacific Mathematics Newsletter. 2: 17–21. 2012. Archived from the original on 10 December 2016.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- "C.S. Seshadri's official profile an Chennai Mathematical Institute".
- "Padma Bushan, 2009". Archived from the original on 2009-02-05. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
- "Prof. C S Seshadri to be conferred prestigious Rathindra Puraskar from Visva Bharrati". BUSINESSWIRE INDIA. 24 November 2008.
- C.S. Seshadri, a leader in algebraic geometry