Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Traded as||Class A NYSE: CBS.A|
Class B NYSE: CBS
S&P 500 Component (CBS)
|Founded||May 3, 1971 (as Viacom International (Viacom Productions)) January 3, 2006[N 1] (as CBS Corporation)|
|Defunct||December 4, 2019|
(President and CEO)
|Products||Television, radio, publishing, broadcasting, movies and online services|
Number of employees
|Parent||National Amusements, Inc. (79%)|
CBS Corporation was an American mass media corporation focused on broadcasting, publishing, and television production. Until 2005, the company was known as Viacom. A new company, keeping the Viacom name, was spun off from CBS.
Notes[change | change source]
- The Viacom-CBS split was structured in such a way that the existing company (Viacom) changed its name to CBS Corporation, while the new Viacom is actually a newly founded spin-off company. For this reason, the newly rechristened CBS Corporation is actually the same company (Viacom) that was founded in 1986. The 1986 Viacom, in turn, was the successor to a previous company also known as Viacom and founded in 1971.
References[change | change source]
- "CBS CORP 2013 Annual Report Form (10-K)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. February 14, 2014.
- "CBS CORP 2014 Q1 Quarterly Report Form (10-Q)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. May 8, 2014.
- "2010 Form 10-K, CBS Corporation". United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Shivdas, Sanjana (December 4, 2019). "CBS, Viacom complete merger in a win for Shari Redstone". Reuters. Retrieved February 11, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)