COVID-19 pandemic in Algeria
|COVID-19 pandemic in Algeria|
Confimed cases by province
1000+ Confirmed cases
500-999 Confirmed cases
100-499 Confirmed cases
20-99 Confirmed cases
1-19 Confirmed cases
|First outbreak||Wuhan, Hubei, China|
|Arrival date||17 February 2020 |
(1 year, 1 month and 3 weeks)
Cases[change | change source]
On 25 February, Algeria laboratory-confirmed its first case of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), an Italian man who arrived on 17 February. Algeria deported him back to Italy, via a special flight from Hassi Messaoud Airport where he was quarantined.
On 2 March, Algeria confirmed two new cases of SARS-CoV-2, a woman and her daughter, the health ministry said.
On 12 March, five new cases of COVID-19, including the first death, aged 78 and placed in isolation at Blida hospital. Two cases having stayed in France, one in the Souk-Ahras province, the other in the Tizi-Ouzou province and three in that of Blida province. the total number of confirmed cases is 26 adding a woman in of Skikda having stayed in France was announced. On the same day, schools were locked due to the coronavirus spread.
As of 1 July, there are 14,272 confirmed cases, 920 deaths, and 10,040 recoveries.
References[change | change source]
- "Carte épidémiologique – وزارة الصحة و السكان و إصلاح المستشفيات بمساهمة وزارة البريد والمواصلات السلكية واللاسلكية" (in Arabic). Archived from the original on 2020-03-18. Retrieved 2020-03-25.
- "Algerian health minister confirms first COVID-19 case". 25 February 2020.
- "ترحيل المواطن الايطالي المصاب بكورونا" (in Arabic). February 2020.
- "Algeria confirms two more coronavirus cases". 2 March 2020. Archived from the original on 2 March 2020. Retrieved 2 March 2020.
- "Coronavirus : premier décès en Algérie, deux nouvelles wilayas touchées". TSA (in French). 12 March 2020. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- "Urgent | Coronavirus en Algérie : Deuxième décès en Algérie - Algérie360.com". www.algerie360.com (in French). 12 March 2020. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- "إرتفاع عدد الوفيات المصابين بفيروس كورونا إلى إثنين". النهار أونلاين (in Arabic). 12 March 2020. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- "Algeria". www.worldometers.info. Retrieved 1 July 2020.