COVID-19 pandemic in Austria
|COVID-19 pandemic in Austria|
Covid-19 – Austria Cases per 100k
Covid-19 – Austria Deaths per 1M (as of 11 May 2020)
20–40 confirmed deaths 40–80 confirmed deaths80–160 confirmed deaths
|First outbreak||Wuhan, Hubei, China via Lombardy, Italy|
|Arrival date||25 February 2020|
Cases[change | change source]
On 12 March 2020, Austria confirmed the first death of COVID-19, a 69-year-old man from Vienna died in Vienna's Kaiser-Franz-Josef Hospital.
Response[change | change source]
On 10 March 2020, the government announced that all universities would close their classes at the latest by 16 March.
All outdoor events with more than 500 people and all indoor events with more than 100 people were cancelled. All children older than 14 years old were ordered to stay at home, starting 15 March, with the younger children starting 17 March. This applied until 4 April.
Travel restrictions for people coming from Italy are created. The government asked the general public to avoid social contact and announced even further restrictions to be made soon.
References[change | change source]
- "Aktuelle Informationen: Neuartiges Coronavirus" (in German). Federal Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection. Retrieved 3 May 2020.
- "Austria reports first two cases of coronavirus". The Guardian. Associated Press. 25 February 2020. Archived from the original on 25 February 2020. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- "Coronavirus: Zwei Fälle in Tirol bestätigt". news.ORF.at (in German). 25 February 2020. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- Busby (now), Mattha; Belam, Martin; Marsh, Sarah; Rourke, Alison; Farrer (earlier), Martin; Busby, Mattha; Adams, Richard; Parveen, Nazia; Wearden, Graeme (25 February 2020). "Coronavirus news: Austria and Croatia report first cases as Tenerife quarantines hotel – live updates". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- Helen Regan; Adam Renton; Meg Wagner; Mike Hayes; Veronica Rocha (25 February 2020). "Austria's 2 coronavirus cases are Italian citizens". CNN. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- "Austria Reports First Death from COVID-19 – Vindobona.org | Vienna International News". Vindobona.org. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "Coronavirus: Stufenweise ab Montag: Österreich schließt Schulen «". Kleinezeitung.at. 11 March 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- bock, sita, beide ORF.at/Agenturen (10 March 2020). "Coronavirus: Starke Einschränkungen beschlossen – news.ORF.at". Orf.at. Retrieved 15 March 2020.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)