COVID-19 pandemic in Azerbaijan
|COVID-19 pandemic in Azerbaijan|
Number of confirmed cases by regions
(as of 9 May): Confirmed 1
Confirmed 2~5 Confirmed 6~10 Confirmed 11~100Confirmed ≥100
|First outbreak||Wuhan, Hubei, China; Iran|
|Arrival date||28 February 2020|
|Official information portal|
Cabinet of Ministers
Ministry of Healthcare
State Agency of Mandatory Health Insurance
On 28 February, the country confirmed its first positive case of COVID-19. The patient, a Russian national, had traveled from Iran. Two more cases were later confirmed in the country and they were all isolated. They were Azerbaijani nationals who returned from Iran. On the same day Azerbaijan closed borders with Iran for 2 weeks.
On 31 March, Azerbaijan declared nationwide quarantine. People are required to stay in private houses and apartments, permanent or temporary places of residence until 20 April.
A month later on 24 April, the country slowly began to reopen.
References[change | change source]
- "Azərbaycanda cari vəziyyət – Koronavirus" (in Azerbaijani). Retrieved 19 March 2020.
- "Azerbaijan reports first case of coronavirus - Ifax". Reuters. 2020-02-28. Archived from the original on 28 February 2020. Retrieved 2020-02-28.
- "COVID-19 cases jump in Iran as Italy toll rises: Live updates | News | al Jazeera".
- "Woman quarantined in Azerbaijan after arriving from Iran died". Trend.Az. 12 March 2020. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- "Azerbaijan sets additional measures to prevent spread of coronavirus". Trend.Az. 2020-03-30. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
- "Information of the Operational Headquarters under the Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan 24 April 2020". Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan (in Azerbaijani). 2020-04-30. Retrieved 2020-04-30.