COVID-19 pandemic in Bangladesh
|COVID-19 pandemic in Bangladesh|
|First outbreak||Wuhan, Hubei, China|
|Arrival date||8 March 2020|
(1 year, 6 months, 3 weeks and 6 days)
Cases[change | change source]
The first three known cases were reported on 7 March 2020 by the country's epidemiology institute IEDCR. Infections remained low until the end of March but saw a large rise in April. In the week of 11 April, new cases in Bangladesh grew 1,155%, the highest in Asia, ahead of Indonesia with 186%.
Criticisms[change | change source]
Newspaper reports and social media continued to report about additional deaths of patients with COVID-19 symptoms. Some of the deceased were treated at COVID-19 isolation centres at hospitals in the districts and others were denied treatment, though no tests were given to confirm contagion.
Response[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Covid-19 Status Bangladesh". Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR). Archived from the original on 10 April 2020. Retrieved 3 May 2020.
- "Bangladesh confirms its first three cases of coronavirus". Reuters. 2020-03-08. Archived from the original on 27 March 2020. Retrieved 2020-03-27.
- 20-fold rise in Covid-19 cases in Bangladesh since April 1, Dhaka Tribune, 14 April 2020.
- Mint Covid Tracker: India’s corona trajectory has tapered this week but still remains steeper than Asian peers, livemint, 11 April 2020.
- Research (IEDCR), Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and. করোনা ইনফো. corona.gov.bd (in Bengali). Retrieved 2020-05-03.
- "Covid-19 pandemic: Testing remains low despite having enough kits in stock". Dhaka Tribune. 2020-03-29. Archived from the original on 31 March 2020. Retrieved 2020-03-30.
- "Massive Bangladesh coronavirus prayer gathering sparks outcry". news.yahoo.com -US. Archived from the original on 30 March 2020. Retrieved 2020-03-30.
- "Six die with coronavirus symptoms, no new case reported in Bangladesh". New Age. Archived from the original on 30 March 2020. Retrieved 2020-03-30.
- "Coronavirus: Bangladesh declares public holiday from March 26 to April 4". Dhaka Tribune. 2020-03-23. Archived from the original on 23 March 2020. Retrieved 2020-03-27.
- "Bangladesh has extended lockdown by 11 days". Oman Observer. 2020-04-11. Archived from the original on 11 April 2020. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- Kamrul Hasan; and Ashif Islam Shaon (8 March 2020). "First 3 cases of coronavirus confirmed in Bangladesh". Dhaka Tribune. Archived from the original on 8 March 2020.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)