COVID-19 pandemic in Cuba
|COVID-19 pandemic in Cuba|
Map of Cuba
|Arrival date||24 February 2020|
(7 months and 3 weeks)
|‡Suspected cases have not been confirmed as being due to this strain by laboratory tests, although some other strains may have been ruled out.|
The beginning[change | change source]
Response[change | change source]
Cases[change | change source]
On 17 March, the number of confirmed cases increased to 7.
On 18 March, the number of confirmed cases increased to 10, and the first death was announced, a 61-year old Italian who had been one of the first three confirmed.
As of 30 March, the amount of confirmed coronavirus cases is at 170, with 4 deaths.
References[change | change source]
- "Infecciones por coronavirus – COVID-19". temas.sld.cu (in Spanish).
- "Cuba confirms 1st coronavirus cases, urges citizens to make own masks". Reuters. 11 March 2020. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
- Smith, Savanna. "Cuba reports the first three cases of coronavirus in the island". Miami Herald. Retrieved 12 March 2020.
- "Nota informativa sobre dos nuevos casos confirmados de COVID-19" (in Spanish). Ministerio de Salud Pública de la República de Cuba. 17 March 2020. Retrieved 18 March 2020.
- "Actualización 18 de marzo sobre el Covid-19 en Cuba" (in Spanish). Ministerio de Salud Pública de la República de Cuba. 18 March 2020. Retrieved 18 March 2020.
- "Parte de cierre del día 29 de marzo de 2020 a las 12:00 de la noche" (in Spanish). 30 March 2020. Retrieved 30 March 2020.