COVID-19 pandemic in Guatemala
|COVID-19 pandemic in Guatemala|
|First outbreak||Wuhan, China|
|Index case||Guatemala City|
|Arrival date||13 March 2020|
(1 year, 9 months, 3 weeks and 3 days)
|Total ILI cases||554|
|‡Suspected cases have not been confirmed as being due to this strain by laboratory tests, although some other strains may have been ruled out.|
On 13 March 2020, the Guatemalan government extended its travel restrictions to travelers from the US and Canada. Starting on 16 March, no travelers coming from these countries will be allowed to enter Guatemala, until March 31.
On April 23, the United Nations Commission on Human Rights calls on Mexican and Central American governments to stop deportations during the coronavirus pandemic. 2,500 migrants are stuck in Panama because Honduras has closed its border. Mexico has dumped migrants in Guatemala, but Guatemala has not let them in. On April 23 the organization helped 41 migrants return to El Salvador from Mexico.
References[change | change source]
- "Actualización de datos sobre casos de Coronavirus (Covid-19) en Guatemala" (in Spanish). Gobierno Guatemala @GuatemalaGob.
- "Coronavirus" (in Spanish). Ministerio de Salud Pública (Guatemala). Archived from the original on 2020-04-11. Retrieved 2020-05-14.
- "Coronavirus: Alejandro Giammattei confirma el primer caso de covid-19 en Guatemala". Prensa Libre (in Spanish). 13 March 2020.
- "Guatemala Bans Arrivals From U.S., Canada to Fight Corona-virus". U.S. News. 13 March 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "Ministerio de Salud Publica: Comunicado No. 36" (in Spanish). March 2020. Archived from the original on 2020-03-18. Retrieved 2020-05-14.
- News, A. B. C. "UN alarmed by migrants caught in no-man's land at borders". ABC News. Retrieved Apr 24, 2020.