COVID-19 pandemic in Kuwait
|COVID-19 pandemic in Kuwait|
|Index case||Kuwait City|
|Arrival date||24 February 2020|
|Total ILI cases||8,436|
|‡Suspected cases have not been confirmed as being due to this strain by laboratory tests, although some other strains may have been ruled out.|
The first confirmed case of the COVID-19 pandemic in Kuwait was announced on 24 February 2020. As of 14 May 2020, there are 11,975 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with recovery of 3,451 cases and 88 deaths.
Cases and response[change | change source]
On 24 February, Kuwaiti Ministry of Health announced that there were 3 cases detected coming from Iran that carry coronavirus disease 2019. The first person was a Kuwait I national, 53 years old, while the second was a Saudi national, 61 years old, and the third was a person from the stateless community.
On 11 March, Kuwaiti Directorate General of Civil Aviation has suspended all travel, except cargo flights, to and from Kuwait starting from 13 March, effectively locking down the nation until further notice.
On 18 March, the Ministry of Health announced 6 new cases for a total of 148. More than 14,000 swipe tests had been conducted by this point.
On 14 May, the Ministry of Health announced 947 new cases for a total of 11,975 and a recovery of 188. The number of patients in ICU is 175, in which 95 are critical and 80 stable. Kuwait reported 6 more deaths bringing the total number of death due to the virus within the country to 88.
References[change | change source]
- "COVID 19 Updates". e-govkw.
- "The Kuwaiti health ministry of health confirms first 3 COVID-19 cases". 24 February 2020.
- "The Kuwaiti health ministry of health confirms 4 more COVID-19 cases". 25 February 2020.
- "Six new coronavirus cases in Kuwait, total infections at 148". news.kuwaittimes.net. Retrieved 20 March 2020.
- KUWAIT_MOH (14 May 2020). "تعلن #وزارة_الصحة عن تأكيد إصابة 947 حالة جديدة، وتسجيل 188 حالة شفاء، و 6 حالات وفاة جديدة بـ #فيروس_كورونا_المستجدّ COVID19 ، ليصبح إجمالي عدد الحالات 11975 حالة" (Tweet) (in Arabic). Cite has empty unknown parameter: