COVID-19 pandemic in Tajikistan
|COVID-19 pandemic in Tajikistan|
Map of the outbreak in Tajikistan by region (as of 22 May 2020)
|Arrival date||30 April 2020|
(1 year, 1 month, 2 weeks and 3 days)
|Confirmed cases||2,921 (as of 24 May)|
|Recovered||1,301 (as of 24 May)|
|44 (as of 22 May)|
On February 10, a Somon Air charter flight flew to Wuhan, Hubei, China to evacuate the fifty-four citizens of Tajikistan in the city. The flight carried humanitarian cargo including medical supplies from Tajikistan to Wuhan.
On February 13, 13,000 copies of WHO guidelines and recommendations to stop the risk of coronavirus infection were printed and given to Tajik citizens. At the time, more than 900 citizens who arrived in Tajikistan from China were being supervised by doctors in Tajikistan's hospitals. No cases of coronavirus were reported.
On April 2, 6,272 people who arrived in Tajikistan from foreign countries after February 1 had been put in quarantine, and 2,359 had already been discharged, leaving 3,913 still in quarantine. No cases of coronavirus were confirmed in the country.
On 2 May, there were 76 confirmed cases and two deaths. All people have to wear face masks when they leave their house.
On 3 May, the number of cases went up to 128. The mayor of Dushanbe said that they will build temporary hospitals to treat 3,000 people.
References[change | change source]
- "Worldometer Tajikistan". worldometer. Retrieved 24 May 2020.
- "TAJIK CITIZENS WILL BE EVACUATED FROM CHINESE CITY OF WUHAN". Ministry of Health. 11 February 2020. Archived from the original on 15 April 2020. Retrieved 15 April 2020.
- "PUBLICATION OF 13 THOUSAND COPIES OF WHO GUIDELINES AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR REDUCING THE RISK OF CORONAVIRUS INFECTION". Ministry of Health. 13 February 2020. Archived from the original on 26 April 2020. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- "XI JINPING THANKS EMOMALI RAHMON FOR SUPPORT AND AID". Ministry of Health. 21 February 2020. Archived from the original on 21 April 2020. Retrieved 22 April 2020.
- "3913 PEOPLE ARE STILL IN QUARANTINE". Ministry of Health. 3 April 2020. Archived from the original on 6 April 2020. Retrieved 6 April 2020 – via Internet Archive.
To date, no coronavirus case has been registered in Tajikistan, the ministry said.
- "ХАБАРИ ФАВРӢ: Шумори ҳолатҳои тасдиқшудаи гирифторӣ ба коронавирус дар Тоҷикистон ба 32 адад расид". National Agency of Information of Tajikistan (in Russian). Retrieved 2 May 2020.
- "Власти Таджикистана официально подтвердили первые случаи летальных исходов от COVID-19 в стране". Avesta News Agency (in Russian). Retrieved 3 May 2020.
- "Вазорат гуфт, теъдоди гирифторони СОVID-19 дар Тоҷикистон ба 128 нафар расид". Radio Ozodi (in Tajik). Retrieved 3 May 2020.
- "ФФТ ПРОДЛИЛА ПАУЗУ ВО ВСЕХ ФУТБОЛЬНЫХ СОРЕВНОВАНИЯХ В ТАДЖИКИСТАНЕ". fft.tj/ (in Russian). Football Federation Tajikistan. 6 May 2020. Retrieved 6 May 2020.