COVID-19 pandemic in the Czech Republic
|COVID-19 pandemic in the Czech Republic|
Confirmed cases per 100.000 residents
New cases in 14 days per 100k residents
|First outbreak||Wuhan, Hubei, China|
|Arrival date||1 March 2020|
(1 year, 2 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ago)
Response[change | change source]
On 12 March, the government declared a state of emergency, for the first time in the country's modern history for the area of the entire country. On 16 March, the country closed its borders and issued a nationwide curfew.
While originally planned until 24 March, the measures were later extended until 1 April and then again until the end of State of Emergency which was extended by the Chamber of Deputies until 30 April 2020 and then again until 17 May 2020.
A general closure of services and retail sale was in place from 14 March until 11 May, however all shops could conduct distance sales with delivery from 24 March onwards. Government didn't order closure of manufacturing plants, but many did so voluntarily during second half of March with gradual reopening from 14 April.
Testing[change | change source]
From 13 April onwards, COVID-19 testing passed its demand.
Deaths[change | change source]
Contact tracing in the country included also voluntary disclosure of mobile phone position and debit card payments data for previous days and quaranting of identified contacts.
Reopening[change | change source]
Czech Republic started gradual easing of measures from 7 April 2020 onwards with most restrictions being lifted by 11 May 2020.
References[change | change source]
- "Czech Republic goes into quarantine to slow down coronavirus spread". Radio Prague International. Retrieved 30 March 2020.
- "PČR, PS 2017 , 43. schůze, část 37 (7. 4. 2020)". Psp.cz. Retrieved 8 April 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Automobilka Hyundai obnovila výrobu v Nošovicích, odstávka trvala tři týdny". Aktuálně.cz - Víte, co se právě děje (in Czech). 2020-04-14. Retrieved 2020-04-14.
- "Government Resolution No. 458 published as No. 203/2020 Coll". aplikace.mvcr.cz.
- "Could Czech's Measure to Fight Coronavirus Save Thousands of Lives?". Praguemorning.cz. 4 April 2020. Retrieved 8 April 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Data" (PDF). mzcr.cz. Retrieved 6 April 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Koronavirus: Laboratoře, které mohou testovat a kde si můžete test zaplatit". Blesk.
- "Česko má 2 279 nakažených. Nově stačí k testu horečka, suchý kašel či dušnost". Mladá fronta DNES (in Czech). 27 March 2020. Retrieved 30 March 2020.
- Hana Válková. "Nezájem lidí, méně laboratoří. Proč o víkendech a svátcích padá počet testů". iDNES.cz. Retrieved 2020-04-14. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Data" (PDF). www.mzcr.cz. Retrieved 2020-04-14. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)