COVIran Barekat is a COVID-19 vaccine developed in Iran by Shifa Pharmed Industrial Group, part of the Barkat Pharmaceutical Group. It is an inactivated virus-based vaccine. Iranian authorities authorized its emergency use. It is the first locally developed COVID-19 vaccine to be approved for emergency use in the Middle East.
References[change | change source]
- Mallapaty S (August 2021). "Iran hopes to defeat COVID with home-grown crop of vaccines". Nature. 596 (7873): 475. Bibcode:2021Natur.596..475M. doi:10.1038/d41586-021-02216-z. PMID 34404947. S2CID 237198729.
- Motamedi M (29 December 2020). "COVIran Barakat: Iran launches human trials of its COVID vaccine". Al Jazeera. Archived from the original on 31 January 2021.
- "Iran's leader gets locally made coronavirus vaccine shot". Reuters. 2021-06-25. Retrieved 2021-08-24.
- "About - شرکت گروه صنایع شفافارمد". 2021-04-15. Retrieved 2021-09-03.
- Baghishov E (14 June 2021). "Iran issues license on its coronavirus vaccine". Trend.Az. Archived from the original on 2021-06-14. Retrieved 14 June 2021.