Carlito's Way is a 1993 crime drama movie set in New York City in 1975. The movie is about Carlito Brigante. He is released from prison and wants to go straight. However, he cannot escape from his past, and gets dragged back into criminal activity. Al Pacino plays Carlito. Penelope Ann Miller plays Carlito's girlfriend Gail. Sean Penn plays Carlito's lawyer Dave Kleinfeld.
Cast[change | change source]
- Al Pacino as Carlito Brigante
- Sean Penn as David Kleinfeld
- Penelope Ann Miller as Gail
- John Leguizamo as Benny Blanco
- Luis Guzmán as Pachanga
- Jorge Porcel as Saso
- Ingrid Rogers as Steffie
- Ara Gelici as Delale Sirnak
- James Rebhorn as District Attorney Bill Norwalk
- Joseph Siravo as Vincent "Vinnie" Taglialucci
- Frank Minucci as Anthony "Tony T" Taglialucci
- Adrian Pasdar as Frank "Frankie" Taglialucci
- Richard Foronjy as Pete Amadesso
- Viggo Mortensen as Lalin
- John Augstin Ortiz as Guajiro
- Al Israel as Rolando
- Ángel Salazar as Walberto
- Orlando Urdaneta as a bartender
- Rick Aviles as Quisqueya
Reception[change | change source]
This movie was released on November 3, 1993. It got mixed to positive reviews from critics. Its box office intake was over $63 million. The movie was criticized for re-treading old ground, mainly Brian De Palma's earlier works, such as Scarface and The Untouchables. On the Siskel and Ebert show, Ebert gave the movie a thumbs up. Siskel gave the movie a thumbs down. Ebert stated in his review the movie was one of De Palma's finest. The movie has a Fresh 79% rating from Rotten Tomatoes.
References[change | change source]
- "Carlito's Way". The Box Office Mojo. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=carlitosway.htm. Retrieved May 31, 2015.
- "Carlito's Way". The Reverse Shot. http://reverseshot.org/symposiums/entry/1148/carlitos_way. Retrieved May 31, 2015.
- "Carlito's Way". Roger Ebert. http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/carlitos-way-1993. Retrieved May 31, 2015.
- "Carlito's Way". Rotten Tomatoes. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/carlitos_way. Retrieved May 31, 2015.