Big Brother 8 (UK)
Big Brother 2007 (or Big Brother 8) was the eighth series of the British reality television series Big Brother. It was shown on Channel 4. Some other, related programmes were shown on E4. The series was hosted by Davina McCall. It began on 30 May 2007, and ended 94 days later on 31 August 2007. Ratings for this series were very low compared to other series.
On the first night of the show, all the housemates who entered were female. Male housemates were sent in later, at intervals over the first two weeks. Another five housemates (three females, and two males) entered the house on the 59th day. In total, there were 22 housemates in total in this series of Big Brother.
The series was eventually won by housemate Brian Belo. He won £100,000.
Housemates[change | change source]
|Name||Age on entry||Hometown|
|Amanda & Sam Marchant||18||Stoke-on-Trent|
|Amy Alexander||21||Grimsby, Lincolnshire|
|Laura Williams||23||Rhondda Valleys|
|Liam McGough||22||County Durham|
References[change | change source]
- "Ethics of reality TV". BBC News. 2007-05-30. Archived from the original on 12 September 2007. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6702315.stm. Retrieved 2007-09-08.
- "Big Brother: The Live Launch". Big Brother. Channel 4, Hertfordshire, England. 2007-05-30. Transcript.
- Lawler, Danielle (2007-06-01). "The Sun Online - Big Brother: Male model is lucky BB fella". The Sun. http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003230001-2007250432,00.html. Retrieved 2007-06-01. "And Ziggy will be the ONLY housemate to nominate this week and will decide which BB babes face the public vote... Zac, 26, who was in a campaign for French Connection... The North Londoner toured with cheesy boy band Northern Line"
- "Men Are Like Buses". Channel 4 Official Site. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "Five new people enter the show". AOL.co.uk. Retrieved 2007-07-28.