Chuck (TV series)
|Created by||Josh Schwartz|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||91|
|Executive producer(s)||Josh Schwartz|
|Running time||42 minutes (without commercials)|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV),|
|Original release||September 24, 2007 –|
January 27, 2012
Chuck is an American television series that started on the NBC network on September 24, 2007 and ended on January 27, 2012.
The series is about Chuck Bartowski, a normal guy who fixes computers at the Buy More store in Burbank, California, as part of the "Nerd Herd". His old friend Bryce turns out to be a rogue spy. Just before he dies, Bryce sends Chuck an e-mail with thousands of pictures. The pictures are encoded with all of the nation's spy secrets. After viewing them, Chuck holds all of the secrets inside his head (with his flashes as the intersect).
Chuck is watched by agents from the CIA and the NSA, who hope to use Chuck's secrets to protect the United States from terrorism.
The humor elements of the show involve a satire of the Best Buy chain of electronics stores. The show wanted to use "Geek Squad" to describe the main characters' job. But Best Buy asked for them to change the name. So the characters on Chuck were called "Nerd Herd" instead. In fact, the exterior shots of the Burbank Buy More store where Chuck and Morgan work are a former Mervyn's store in the Fallbrook Mall in Canoga Park, California.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "All related listing for Chuck". The Futon Critic. Retrieved May 18, 2009.
- ↑ "NBC showcases fall primetime entertainment series beginning week of September 24" (Press release). NBC. July 16, 2007. Retrieved May 18, 2009.[permanent dead link]
- ↑ Sepinwall, Alan (2011-09-30). "NBC moves Chuck, Grimm premiere dates back a week". HitFix. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ↑ Bustillo, Miguel (June 20, 2011). "Now That Everyone Wants to Be a Geek, Lawyers Have Been Called". Wall Street Journal. p. A1.
- ↑ "Hollywood Locations PART 10". Seeing Stars in Hollywood.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official NBC site
- Fandom has a wiki on this subject: Chuck
- 2007 American television series debuts
- 2012 American television series endings
- 2000s American television series
- 2010s American television series
- American science fiction television series
- American sitcoms
- Burbank, California
- NBC network shows
- Spy television series
- Television series set in Los Angeles County, California
- English-language television programs