Compression could mean:
- Gas compression, raising the pressure and reducing the volume of gases
- Physical compression, the result of the subjection of a material to compressive stress
- Compression arch suspended-deck bridge, a compression arch rises above the deck
- Compression, the part of a longitudinal wave where particles are the closest together
- Compressibility, a measure of volume change resulting from pressure
- Compression (geology), a system of forces that tend to decrease the volume of or shorten rocks.
- Compression ratio, a number that predicts the performance of any internal-combustion engine
- Data compression, encoding information using fewer bits
- Gain compression in electronic amplifiers, which is a result of device non-linearity
- Audio level compression, usually artificially introduced Gain compression to improve the perceived quality of audio
- Compression (functional analysis), in mathematics
- Compression bandage, designed to reduce the flow of blood
Related pages[change | change source]
- Compressor (a disambiguation page)
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.