Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: conservation.|
Conservation of natural things[change | change source]
- Conservation biology, the science of the protection and management of biodiversity
- Conservation genetics - "an interdisciplinary science that aims to apply genetic methods to the conservation and restoration of biodiversity."
- Conservation movement, to protect plants, animals and their habitats
- Conservation (ethic), an ethic of resource use, allocation, and protection, especially of the natural environment
- Conservationist, a person who advocates for conservation of plants, animals and their habitats
- Energy conservation, the reduction of non-renewable energy consumption
- Habitat conservation, a land management practice that seeks to conserve, protect and restore, habitat areas for wild plants and animals
- Water conservation, reducing the use of water to protect the environment
- Wildlife management, multidisciplinary practices, including conservation of species and their habitats
- Marine conservation, the protection and preservation of ecosystems in oceans and seas
- Soil conservation, management strategies for prevention of soil being eroded from the earth’s surface or becoming chemically altered
Conservation of made things[change | change source]
- Art conservation, protecting works of art
- Conservation-restoration, the profession devoted to the preservation of cultural property
- Photograph conservation
- Architectural conservation
Other[change | change source]
- Conservation laws, a set of laws in physics
- Conserved sequence - "similar or identical sequences which may occur within nucleic acid sequences, protein sequences, protein structures or polymeric carbohydrates".
- Conservation (psychology), learning development of logical thinking, according to Jean Piaget
- Conservation authority (Canada)
- Conserved name (Latin nomen conservandum), a scientific name with specific nomenclatural protection.
Related pages[change | change source]
- Category:Conservation for topics related to conservation of natural resources
- Historic preservation
- List of conservation topics
| This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.