From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Other pages[change | change source]
Notes and References[change | change source]
Footnotes[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- ^ Leone, M. (2005). "The Quest for an Environmental Metric: Gazing at weather systems, a ground-breaking scientist spawned an ecological accounting standard that Wall Street might one day embrace". CFO Publishing. http://www.cfo.com/printable/article.cfm/5300667?f=options.
- ^ Jain, R. (2005). "Sustainability: metrics, specific indicators and preference index". Clean Techn Environ Policy 7: 71-72. http://www.springerlink.com/media/h4d4779uuq0yynfhktb6/contributions/t/2/2/5/t225524055312t88.pdf.
Bibliography[change | change source]
- Allen, P. (Ed) 1993. Food for the Future: Conditions and Contradictions of Sustainability. ISBN 0-471-58082-1 Paperback. 344 pages.
- AtKisson, A. 1999. Believing Cassandra, An Optimist looks at a Pessimist’s World, Chelsea Green Publishing., White River Junction, VT
- Bartlett, A. 1998. "Reflections on Sustainability, Population Growth, and the Environment—Revisited" revised version (January 1998) of paper first published in Population & Environment, Vol. 16, No. 1, September 1994, pp. 5–35.
- Benyus, J. 1997. Biomimicry: Innovations Inspired by Nature, William Morrow, New York
- Brown, M.T. and Ulgiati, S 1999. Emergy Evaluation of Natural Capital and Biosphere Services, AMBIO, Vol.28, No.6, Sept. 1999.
- Brundtland, G.H. (ed.), (1987), Our common future: The World Commission on Environment and Development, Oxford, Oxford University Press.
- Costanza, Robert, Lisa J. Graumlich, and Will Steffen (eds.), (2007), Sustainability or Collapse? An Integrated History and Future of People on Earth, The MIT Press. ISBN 978-0-262-03366-4.
- Dalal-Clayton, B. (1993) Modified Eia And Indicators Of Sustainability: First Steps Towards Sustainability Analysis, Environmental Planning Issues No.1, International Institute For Environment And Development, Environmental Planning Group.
- Daly H. 1996. Beyond Growth: The Economics of Sustainable Development. Boston: Beacon Press. ISBN 0-8070-4709-0
- Daly H. and J. Cobb. 1989. For the Common Good: Redirecting the Economy Toward Community, the Environment, and a Sustainable Future. Boston: Beacon Press. ISBN 0-8070-4705-8 Review
- Dean, J. W. (2006). Conservatives Without Conscience. New York: Viking Penguin.
- Ekins, P. (Ed.). (1986). The Living Economy. London: Routledge and Kegan Paul.
- Hargroves, K. and M. Smith (Eds.) 2005. The Natural Advantage of Nations: Business Opportunities, Innovation and Governance in the 21st Century. ISBN 1-84407-121-9, 525 pages. Earthscan/James&James. (See the books online companion at www.thenaturaladvantage.info)
- Hawken, Paul, Lovins, Amory and Lovins, L. H. 1999. Natural Capitalism: Creating the Next Industrial Revolution, Earthscan, London (Downloadable from www.natcap.org)
- International Institute for Sustainable Development (1996) Global Tomorrow Coalition Sustainable Development Tool Kit: A Sample Policy Framework, Chapter 4.
- Jarzombek, Mark. "Sustainability—Architecture: between Fuzzy Systems and Wicked Problems," Blueprints 21/1 (Winter 2003), pp. 6–9; and LOG 8 (Summer 206) 7-13.
- Kriegman, O. 2006. Dawn of the Cosmopolitan: The Hope of a Global Citizens Movement. Boston: Tellus Institute.
- Lane, R. E. (1991). The Market Experience. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Marks, N., Simms, A., Thompson, S., and Abdallah, S. (2006).The (Un)happy Planet Index. London: New Economics Foundation. Downloadable from www.neweconomics.org
- McDonough, W. & Braungart, M. (2002). Cradle to Cradle. North Point Press
- Nelson, E. H. (1986). New Values and Attitudes Throughout Europe. Epsom, England: Taylor-Nelson.
- Rajan, C. 2006. Global Politics and Institutions. Boston: Tellus Institute.
- Raskin, P., Banuri, T., Gallopin, G., Gutman, P., Hammond, A., Kates, R., and Swart, R. 2002. Great Transition: The Promise and Lure of the Times Ahead. Boston: Tellus Institute.
- Raven, J. (1995). The New Wealth of Nations: A New Enquiry into the Nature and Origins of the Wealth of Nations and the Societal Learning Arrangements Needed for a Sustainable Society. Unionville, New York: Royal Fireworks Press; Sudbury, Suffolk: Bloomfield Books.
- Richardson, B.J. and Wood, S. (eds) (2006). Environmental Law for Sustainability: A Reader, Hart Publishing, Oxford.
- Robèrt, Karl-Henrik. (2002). The Natural Step Story: Seeding a Quiet Revolution. Gabriola Island, BC: New Society Publishers.
- Shah, H., & Marks, N. (2004). A Well-being Manifesto for a Flourishing Society. London: New Economics Foundation.
- Sinclair, Fiona, D. (2007). "What is Sustainability"
- Steffen, Alex (2006). Worldchanging: A User's Guide to the 21st Century. Abrams, New York.
- Trainer, F. E. (Ed.). (1990). A rejection of the Bruntland Report. International Foundation for the Development of Alternatives Dossier, 77, May-June, 71-85.
- Unruh, G. (2000). Understanding Carbon Lock-in, Energy Policy, Volume 28, Issue 12, October, 817–830.
- Unruh, G. (2002). Escaping Carbon Lock-in, Energy Policy, Volume 30, Issue 4, March, 317-325.
- Yankelovitch, D., Zetterberg, H., Strumpel, B., Shanks, M., et al. (1983). Work and Human Values. New York: Aspen Institute for Humanistic Studies.
- Young, L. & J. Hamshire 2000. Promoting Practical Sustainability. Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID), Canberra Australia, ISBN 0-642-45058-7. Free copies available at AusAID Public Affairs, GPO Box 887, Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Encyclopedia of Earth: Sustainability
- (ISC) The Institute for Sustainable Communication—Dedicated to raising awareness and capacity for the sustainable use of print and other communication media.
- Grant Thornton International Business Report Energy & Environment focus
- Worldchanging—the (award-winning) largest sustainability blog in the world.
- Choosing Green—video portal featuring content on sustainable building and architecture.
- Inside Green Business—A leading trade publication providing news and analysis on sustainability and the greening of industry.
- Sustainable Community Action Wiki—for anyone interested in action toward local sustainability, but especially ordinary people and community groups. Seeks to link up community and personal action for sustainability worldwide.
- SustainLane US City Rankings A flyover tour and comparative sustainability ranking of the 50 largest US cities.
- SustainLane Government Urban sustainability "best practices" database (public) and peer network (private; government practitioners).
- Appropedia, an active wiki on sustainability, appropriate technology and international development.
- interrupcion*—A community of organizations and individuals working together to promote sustainability, social responsibility.
- Decision Theater—Helping policy makers to address sustainability issues through visualization, simulation and collaboration.
- Foundation for Sustainable Development—Sustainable Solutions for the Developing World.
- SustainUS The U.S. Youth Network for Sustainable Development
- Green Progress—Green building and sustainable development news.
- One Planet Living
- WWW—Virtual Library—sustainable development—links.
- iNSnet—Portal site for sustainable development.
- Sustainability Now—Many references on Sustainability—from an engineering perspective.
- Self Help Development International SHDI is an Irish agency engaged in promoting long term sustainable development projects in Africa.
- Sustainable Living Foundation
- Sustainability reports portal—for downloading or ordering Sustainability reports
- Sustainability news coverage—from American Public Media.
- A series of articles on college sustainability programs in The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Marion Institute Dedicated to promoting innovative, practical and replicable solutions to a wide range of environmental and social-justice challenges at the root-cause level.
- "The Next Green Revolution" article on sustainability in Wired Magazine.
- Global Scenario Group—convened in 1995 to examine the scientific requirements for a transition to a sustainable planetary society
- Sustainability Comix Focusing on political, economic and cultural factors.
- What is Sustainability by Brian Kermath
- Living on a finite earth and climate change Fact sheets on more sustainable living and reducing greenhouse gases.
- Sustainability blog from the Powerhouse Museum, Sydney
- Sustainable Design Forum
- Sustainable Farming Method
- Sustainability: Science, Practice, & Policy—ejournal.nbii.org: a peer-reviewed, open access journal that provides a platform for the dissemination of new practices and for dialogue emerging out of the field of sustainability.