Constitutional Court of Romania
The Constitutional Court of Romania (CCR) is independent of any other public authority. It has, according to the Romanian Constitution, the guardian of constitutional rule. This means the court has the power to make decisions, if the meaning of official laws is questioned (or challenged). This could happen if the laws are written so that they might harm the rights and freedoms of the Romanian people.
Judges[change | change source]
- Augustin Zegrean (from 2007), President 2010.
- Iulia Motoc (from 2010)
- Mircea Stefan Minea (from 2010)
- Petre Lăzăroiu (from 2008)
- Mona Pivniceru (from 2013)
- Valer Dorneanu (from 2013)
- Daniel Morar (from 2013)
- Valentin-Zoltán Puskás (from 2007)
- Tudorel Toader (from 2006)
Former judges (from 2013)[change | change source]
- Ion Predescu (from 2004 to 2013)
- Aspazia Cojocaru (from 2004 to 2013)
- Acsinte Gașpar (from 2004 to 2013)