Copywriting is the act of writing persuasive text that is used for advertising and marketing. This is the job of a copywriter. There are seven types of copywriting depending on the field in which the copywriter is to work: 
- Creative copywriting: creating ideas for advertising.
- Digital copywriting: describing the website menu, writing instructions for using the website, etc.
- Marketing copywriting: texts closely related to advertising and building brand awareness and customer engagement.
- SEO copywriting:includes the copywriting categories mentioned above, but additionally there is the aspect of SEO optimization of the texts.
- Technical copywriting: covers the production of all specialist texts requiring appropriate technical knowledge.
Examples[change | change source]
- Nike's "Just Do It" - skyrocketed Nike's sales from $800 million to more than $9.2 billion, in just 10 years.
- California Milk Processor Board's "Got Milk?" - increased milk sales in California and has spawned a lot of parodies since its launch.
- Apple's "Get a Mac" - the Mac vs PC campaign generated 42% market share growth in its first year alone.
References[change | change source]
- "How to Find a Good Copywriter? Get the Best Content for Your Business". gamerseo. Retrieved 29 July 2021.
- McGill, Douglas C. (1989-07-11). "Nike Is Bounding Past Reebok". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2021-08-19.
- Mihailescu, Victor. "Apple's 'Get a Mac' Awarded Grand Effie". softpedia. Retrieved 2021-08-19.