|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: Core.|
Core generally is the heart or inner part of a thing, as of a column, wall, rope, of a boil, etc.; especially, the central part of fruit, containing the kernels or seeds; as, the core of an apple or quince.
Core could mean:
- Core (album), an album by Stone Temple Pilots
- Core (Persefone album)
- Core (radio station), a digital radio station in the United Kingdom
- The Core, a 2003 science fiction film
- Core Design, a videogame developer best known for the Tomb Raider series
- C.O.R.E., a computer animation studio
In science and academics:
- Core (group), in mathematics, an object in group theory
- Core (functional analysis), in mathematics, a subset of the domain of a closable operator
- core (graph theory), in mathematics, the homomorphically minimal subgraph of a graph
- core of a triangulated category in mathematics.
- Core (economics), the collection of stable allocations that no coalition can improve upon
- Planetary core, in planetary science, the center of a planet
- Solar core, the region of the Sun where nuclear fusion takes place
- Lithic core, in archaeology, a stone artifact left over from toolmaking
- Core curriculum, in education, an essential part of the curriculum
- Core sample, in Earth science, a sample obtained by coring
- Core countries, in dependency theory, an industrialized country on which peripheral countries depend
- Core (anatomy), in anatomy is everything except the appendages.
In computers and technology:
- Semiconductor intellectual property core, part of a CPU design
- Multi-core (computing), a type of microprocessor design in which multiple processors coexist on the same chip
- Intel Core, in processors, a brand of computer processor
- Magnetic core memory, in computing, the primary memory
- Core dump, in computing, a record of the core memory
- Nuclear reactor core, a portion containing the fuel components
- Magnetic core, in electricity and electronics, ferromagnetic material around which wires are wound
- the signal-carrying portion of an optical fiber
- Central Organization For Railway Electrification, an organization in India
- Congress of Racial Equality, United States civil rights organization
- Coordinated Online Register of Electors, central database in the United Kingdom
- Challenge of Reverse Engineering, a warez group
- Comment on Reproductive Ethics, a Christian pressure group in the United Kingdom
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Core.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.