A custom (also called a tradition) is a common way of doing things. It is something that many people do, and have done for a long time. Usually, the people come from the same country, culture, or religion.
Many customs are things that people do that are handed down from the past. Examples of it are:
- Ceremonies are a class of customary, collective action.
- In some countries it is polite/respectful to bow to older people.
- In some countries it is OK to burp while eating food.
- In some countries you take your shoes off before entering the house.
- In some places they sit on the floor and eat.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Traditions at Wikimedia Commons