|Industry||Animation, Production |
|Fate||Bought by Dentsu Entertainment USA|
|Successor(s)||Cookie Jar Entertainment|
|When it was created||1971|
|Headquarters||Burbank, California, United States|
|Key people||Chairman & CEO:|
|Things made||Children's television shows|
DiC Entertainment (DiC) was an international/Canadian-American movie and television production company founded in 1971 as D.i.C. Audiovisuel by Jean Chalopin in France. In 2008 Cookie Jar Group bought out DiC and then merged it with Cookie Jar Entertainment. Dic Entertainment is now owned by DHX Media. In the 1985-1988 DiC theme, the 7th Yamaha DX7 internal factory patch "Marimba" or 7th Yamaha DX7 internal factory patch "Marimba" mixed with the synth noise/noise/Fairlight CMI III (1984-1989) patch "Choir" that is similar to the Roland D-50 synth noise/Roland D-50 noise.
History[change | change source]
1980s[change | change source]
Its American arm was started in 1982 as DiC Enterprises. The company's United States headquarters were in Burbank, California.
1990s[change | change source]
2000s[change | change source]
In early 2006, DiC Entertainment and CBS Corporation signed a multi-year deal for a new 3-hour long programming block for Saturday mornings on CBS. The resulting KOL Secret Slumber Party on CBS was started the following fall.
On June 20, 2008, it was announced that DiC would be bought out by Cookie Jar Group. On July 23, 2008, Cookie Jar completed the buy out of DiC Entertainment, and then it was merged with Cookie Jar Entertainment.
Productions[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "CBS RENEWS COOKIE JAR ENTERTAINMENT'S SATURDAY MORNING BLOCK FOR THREE MORE SEASONS". Cookie Jar Group. February 24, 2009. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- "COOKIE JAR ENTERTAINMENT EXPANDS BRAND PORTFOLIO, TALENT AND GLOBAL REACH WITH CLOSING OF DIC TRANSACTION". Cookie Jar Group. 2008-07-23. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- "Bain backing buyout of DIC". Variety. Sep. 18, 2000. Retrieved 2009-12-04. Check date values in:
- "DIC Ent. formed for kids TV fare". Variety. July 26, 1993. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- "DIC plays new toon". Variety. Nov. 20, 2000. Retrieved 2009-12-04. Check date values in:
- "DIC offers kidvid blocks". Variety. Jan. 28, 2003. Retrieved 2009-12-04. Check date values in:
- "DIC sets 3 hours of kid programs". Variety. Aug. 12, 2003. Retrieved 2009-12-04. Check date values in:
- "CBS AND DIC ENTERTAINMENT PARTNER TO LAUNCH BRANDED KIDS PROGRAMMING BLOCK, "CBS'S SECRET SATURDAY MORNING SLUMBER PARTY"," DIC Entertainment
- "COOKIE JAR AND DIC ENTERTAINMENT TO MERGE, CREATING INDEPENDENT GLOBAL CHILDREN'S ENTERTAINMENT AND EDUCATION POWERHOUSE". Cookie Jar Group. 2008-06-20. Retrieved 2009-12-04.