|Member of the|
U.S. House of Representatives
January 3, 1989 – January 3, 2019
|Preceded by||Dan Lungren|
|Succeeded by||Harley Rouda|
|Constituency||42nd district (1989–1993)|
45th district (1993–2003)
46th district (2003–2013)
48th district (2013–2019)
Dana Tyrone Rohrabacher
June 21, 1947
Coronado, California, U.S.
|Education||Los Angeles Harbor College|
California State University, Long Beach (BA)
University of Southern California (MA)
Dana Tyrone Rohrabacher // (born June 21, 1947) is an American politician and speechwriter. He was a member of the U.S House of Representatives representing California's 48th congressional district. He is a Republican, he served as a speechwriter and Special Assistant to President Ronald Reagan from 1981 to 1988. He narrowly lost his re-election bid in 2018 to Democrat Harley Rouda.
References[change | change source]
- Martinez, Gebe (1995-08-28). "Moving From the Fringe to the Forefront: Politics: O.C.'s Dana Rohrabacher is having fun with his newfound clout". Los Angeles Times.
- Gais, Hannah (April 14, 2015). "Dana Rohrabacher's No Good, Very Bad Weekend". The Eastern Project. Retrieved May 18, 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Congressman Dana Rohrabacher official U.S. House site
- Dana Rohrabacher for Congress
- Dana Rohrabacher at the Open Directory Project
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Biography at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- Voting record maintained by The Washington Post
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Campaign finance reports and data at the Federal Election Commission