January 14, 1938
Thenkalam, Thirunelveli district, Tamilnadu
|Died||December 20, 2019 (aged 81)|
D. Selvaraj (Tamil: டி. செல்வராஜ்; 14 January 1938 – 20 December 2019) was a Tamil writer. He was the author of a number of novels, short stories, and plays in Tamil. He received the Tamil Nadu Government's literary award for the best Novel for 2011 for his work on tannery workers of Southern Tamil Nadu titled "Thol". He also won the Sahitya Akademi award for Tamil in 2012.
Works[change | change source]
- Malarum charugum (Novel) (Malligai, 1967)
- Theneer (Novel) (New Century book house, 1973)
- Moolathanam (Novel) (1977)
- Agnikundam (Novel) (1980)
- Yugasangamam (Play) (1968)
- Jeeva - Biography of P Jeevanandham (Sahitya Akademi, 2005)
- Saamichidambaranaar - Biography of Tamil writers (Sahitya Akademi, 2006).
- Pradosham (Varam:Chennai, 2007)
- Thole (2010) - Awarded best novel of the year by the Tamil Nadu Government - Presented by the Hon Chief Minister Dr. J. Jayalalithaa on April 13, 2012
References[change | change source]
- Sahitya Akademi award announcement[permanent dead link]
- "Satchidanandan, Thayil among 24 Sahitya Akademi awardees".
- "D Selvaraj, the leading epidermis novelist of Sakitya Academy, features passed away away". Archived from the original on 2019-12-20. Retrieved 2019-12-21.