David Copperfield (illusionist)
David Seth Kotkin (September 16, 1956), known professionally as David Copperfield, is an American illusionist. He is described by Forbes as the most commercially successful magician in history. Copperfield's career of over 40 years has earned him 11 Guinness World Records. Copperfield has won a total of 21 Emmy Awards. He has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Copperfield was knighted by the French government. He has also been named a Living Legend by the US Library of Congress. Copperfield was born in Metuchen, New Jersey, United States. His parents were immigrants from the USSR which is now present-day Ukraine.
References[change | change source]
- "David Copperfield Biography". Bio. A&E Television Networks, LLC. Archived from the original on September 10, 2018. Retrieved February 3, 2017.
- "Houdini in the Desert". Forbes.com. February 3, 2017
- Guinness World Records 2006, p. 197 ISBN 1-904994-02-4
- "Reappearing Act: Inside The Multimillion Dollar World Of Illusionist David Copperfield". Forbes.com. February 3, 2017
- "Living Legends". Library of Congress. Retrieved February 3, 2017.
- Ike Hughes (2006). "David Copperfield has made a career out of dazzling people". Lansing State Journal. Retrieved on September 22, 2008. "His dad, who managed a men's clothing store, was the son of Russian immigrants. His mom was born in Jerusalem; both wanted him to go to college and into a profession."
- David Copperfield Bio (Biography) Archived June 3, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. / Celebrity Gossip (September 16, 1956). Retrieved on February 15, 2012.