This article needs to be updated.
|Died||16 September 2022 (aged 22)|
|Known for||Alleged torture by Guidance Patrol, Morality Police of Iran's Islamic republic while in police custody|
Mahsa Amini (Persian: مهسا امینی – Mahsâ Amini; 23 September 1999 in Saqqez – 16 September 2022 in Tehran) was an Kurdish Iranian woman who was arrested by the Iranian government's Guidance Patrol for not wearing a hijab correctly in public. She was arrested for "Islamic guidance" by Iran's police. After two hours, she was taken to hospital. According to the government, she suffered both a stroke and heart attack and later went to a coma. Eyewitnesses and women who were detained with her said Amini was severely beaten. This fact and her leaked medical scans led independent observers to diagnose cerebral hemorrhage and stroke. Because of scars and other marks on her body, many people said that she had been tortured.
References[change | change source]
- https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/iranian-woman-said-to-be-in-coma-after-arrest-by-morality-police/, The Times of Israel, 2022
- Zhina Amini goes into coma 2 hours after arrest by Guidance Patrols, women.ncr-iran, 2022
- "Iranian woman 'beaten' by police for 'improper hijab' dies after coma: State media". Al Arabiya English. 2022-09-16. Retrieved 2022-09-16.
- Arrest by hijab police leaves woman comatose, Al Monitor, 2022
- Brase, Jörg (20 September 2022). "Irans Opposition hat vor allem eine Schwäche" [Above all, Iran's opposition has one weakness]. ZDF (in German). Archived from the original on 24 September 2022. Retrieved 22 September 2022.
- "مهسا امینی سه روز پس از بازداشت توسط گشت ارشاد در بیمارستان جان باخت" (in Persian). رادیو فردا. Retrieved 2022-09-16.