Def Jam Vendetta
|Def Jam Vendetta|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 2, GameCube|
Def Jam Vendetta is a 2003 professional wrestling video game published by Electronic Arts and developed by AKI Corporation and EA Canada. It was released for the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo GameCube. Def Jam Vendetta was released on March 31, 2003 in North America, May 23, 2003 in PAL regions, and on August 21, 2003 in Japan. It featured hip hop musicians from the Def Jam Records label as fighters. The engine for the game was first designed for a sequel to EA's WCW Mayhem, but EA lost their WCW license when WCW was bought by the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) in 2001.
Reception[change | change source]
IGN rated the game a 8.9 out of 10. Jon Robinson of IGN said that the multiplayer was "smooth" and "slick". GameSpot rated the game 8.4 out of 10. Alex Navarro of GameSpot said "As a wrestling game, Def Jam Vendetta manages to succeed on most every level, providing surprisingly deep gameplay, quality graphics and sound, and a distinctive atmosphere".
References[change | change source]
- "ESRB: Def Jam Vendetta". ESRB. Retrieved 2015-03-05.
- "Def Jam Vendetta: Release Data". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2016-03-05.
- "WCW Mayhem 2: About This Game". IGN. Retrieved 2016-03-05.
- "Def Jam Vendetta Review". IGN. 31 March 2003. Retrieved 2015-06-22.
- "Def Jam Vendetta Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2015-06-22.
Other websites[change | change source]