MobyGames' official logo
|Type of site||Gaming|
|Created by||Jim Leonard and Brian Hirt|
|Launched||March 1, 1999|
|Alexa rank||23,569 (July 2013[update])|
MobyGames is an online gaming website for computer and video games. It is also a review site which allows their critics to give their opinion's on any video game. The site has a lot of video game information. Their goal is to be a huge game database.
As of July 17, 2012, the site includes 131 gaming platforms (video game consoles, computers and handheld devices including mobile phones.) They also have more than 67,000 game entries, in 40 years of gaming. GameFly bought the site in 2010.
References[change | change source]
- "Mobygames.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-07-29.
- Ports for different platforms count towards this number. Without ports, compilations or special editions the number of unique titles is over 30,000. MobyGames: Game Browser
- MobyGames database stats. Retrieved from MobyGames 2012-07-17. Archived 6 June 2012 at WebCite
- "Report: MobyGames Acquired By GameFly Media". Gamasutra. 2011-07-02.
Books[change | change source]
- Jean Swanson, Dean James, The Dick Francis Companion, Berkley Trade; Berkley Pr edition (July 29, 2003), ISBN 978-0-425-18187-4
- Sheri Graner Ray, Gender Inclusive Game Design: Expanding The Market (Advances in Computer Graphics and Game Development Series), Charles River Media; 1 edition (September 2003), ISBN 978-1-58450-239-5