June 23, 1982|
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
May 13, 2011 (aged 28)|
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
|Height||6 ft 7 in (201 cm)|
|Weight||265 lb (120 kg; 18 st 13 lb)|
New York Rangers
202nd overall, 2001|
Derek Boogaard (June 23, 1982 – May 13, 2011) was a Canadian professional ice hockey left winger. He played for 6 seasons in the National Hockey League (NHL) for the Minnesota Wild and New York Rangers. He was known for being an enforcer and for his physical play, this gained him the nicknames, "Boogeyman" and "The Mountie".
He was found dead in his Minneapolis apartment on May 13, 2011. He was only 28 years old.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Derek Boogaard". ESPN NHL. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 12 February 2014.
- ↑ "Derek Boogaard passes away at age 28". NHL.com.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
- 1982 births
- 2011 deaths
- American Hockey League players
- Canadian ice hockey left wingers
- Drug-related accidental deaths
- Ice hockey people from Saskatchewan
- Medicine Hat Tigers players
- Minnesota Wild players
- New York Rangers players
- Sportspeople from Saskatoon
- Prince George Cougars players
- Regina Pats players
- ECHL players