|Member of the Indian Parliament |
|Preceded by||Rameshwar Lal Dudi|
|Succeeded by||Arjun Ram Meghwal|
Dharam Singh Deol
8 December 1935
Nasrali, Punjab, British India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Children||Sunny Deol (Ajay Singh Deol)|
Bobby Deol (Vijay Singh Deol)
|Alma mater||Ramgarhia College, Phagwara|
|Occupation||Actor, producer, politician|
|Awards||Padma Bhushan (2012)|
Dharmendra (born Dharam Singh Deol; 8 December 1935) is an Indian movie actor and politician. His starring roles in action movies earned him nicknames such as "Action King" and "He-Man". One of his most known roles was in Sholay (1975).
References[change | change source]
- "Hema Malini on 35th wedding anniversary". No. Mid-day.com. Mid Day. Retrieved 2 May 2015.
- NDTV Movies: Dharam still Garam at 77[permanent dead link], ndtv.com; accessed 4 November 2016.
- "14th Lok Sabha Members Bioprofile". Lok Sabha. Archived from the original on 2013-12-13. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Hema is still my dream girl: Dharmendra". The Times of India. 10 January 2013. Retrieved 16 August 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Top Box Office Draws of Indian Cinema". Ibosnetwork,com. Retrieved 20 November 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "Padma Awards". pib. 27 January 2013. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Dharmendra at Wikimedia Commons