Richard Claxton "Dick" Gregory (born October 12, 1932) is an American comedian, social activist, social critic, writer, and entrepreneur.
Gregory was born on October 12, 1932 in St. Louis, Missouri. He was raised in Chicago, Illinois. Gregory studied at Sumner High School and at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. He has been married to Lillian Gregory since 1959. They had 10 children.
References[change | change source]
- Dick Gregory, AEI Speakers Bureau. Accessed December 11, 2007. "A track star at Sumner High School, Gregory earned an athletic scholarship in 1951 to Southern Illinois University at Carbondale and became the first member of his family to attend college."
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Dick Gregory|
- Dick Gregory at the Internet Movie Database
- A short biography from www.dickgregory.com
- Dick Gregory's oral history video excerpts at The National Visionary Leadership Project
- Booknotes interview with Gregory on Callus on My Soul: A Memoir, March 4, 2001.
- Speech by Dick Gregory given on October 20, 1969. Audio recording. From the University of Alabama's Emphasis Symposium on Contemporary Issues.
- Footage of October, 1968 interview with Dick Gregory regarding his candidacy for the Presidency in 1968