||This biographical article does not give any references or sources. (March 2013)|
After working at an architecture firm from 1953 and 1955 he joined Braun. He was successful at Braun and became chief of design from 1961.
Rams once explained his design approach in the phrase "Weniger, aber besser" meaning "Less, but better." Many of his designs such as coffee makers, radios, audio/visual equipment, and office products are on display in museums over the world. Dieter Rams retired from Braun in 1998.
Rams designed a cover for Wallpaper magazine.
Dieter Rams’ ten principles to “good design”[change | change source]
- Good design is innovative
- Good design makes a product useful
- Good design is aesthetic
- Good design helps us to understand a product
- Good design is unobtrusive
- Good design is honest
- Good design is durable
- Good design is consequent to the last detail
- Good design is concerned with the environment
- Good design is as little design as possible