Dina (born Ondina Maria Farias Veloso; 18 June 1956 – 12 April 2019) was a Portuguese pop singer. She was best known for her participation in the 1992 Eurovision Song Contest. She was born in Carregal do Sal, Portugal.
Dina first entered the Portuguese Eurovision selection, Festival da Canção, in 1980, finishing eighth with "Guardando em mim". She participated again in 1982 with two songs, but could only manage sixth and eighth.
Dina finally got her chance in 1992, when her song "Amor d'água fresca" ("Fresh Water Love") won the competition and went forward as the Portuguese representative in the 37th Eurovision Song Contest. She finished in 17th place.
References[change | change source]
- "Festival da Canção 1980". Archived from the original on 2016-04-01. Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- "Festival da Canção 1982". Archived from the original on 2016-04-03. Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- "Festival da Canção 1992". Archived from the original on 2016-04-03. Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- Cardoso, Joana Amaral; Nogueira, Rodrigo; Salema, Isabel. "Morreu Dina, uma pioneira da canção pop". PÚBLICO (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- "Eurovision Portugal: Dina passes away aged 62 - ESCToday.com". Eurovision News, Polls and Information by ESCToday. 2019-04-12. Retrieved 2019-04-12.