Dissection performing in 2005
|Genres||Black metal, death metal, melodic death metal|
|Years active||1989–1997, 2004–2006|
|Associated acts||Ophthalamia, Watain, Soulreaper, Cardinal Sin, Deathstars|
Mattias "Mäbe" Johansson
Dissection was formed in autumn 1989 by lead singer Jon Nödtveidt and bassist Peter Palmdahl. The band recorded and released a demo tape titled The Grief Prophecy in December 1990. The band released their debut album The Somberlain in 1993. Their second studio album Storm of the Light's Bane was released on November 17, 1995.
Their final studio album Reinkaos was released on April 30, 2006 in Europe and on May 16, 2006 in North America. The band a final European concert and broke up on 24 June 2006.  On 13 August 2006, lead singer Jon Nödtveidt committed suicide by an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound inside a circle of lit candles.
Band members[change | change source]
- Final line-up
- Jon Nödtveidt – vocals, guitars (1989–1997, 2004-2006) (†)
- Set Teitan – guitars (2004–2006)
- Tomas Asklund – drums (2004–2006)
- Peter Palmdahl - Bass (1989–1997)
- Mattias "Mäbe" Johansson - Guitar (1990) (live session)
- Ole Öhman - Drums (1990–1995)
- John Zwetsloot - Guitar (1991–1994)
- Johan Norman - Guitar (1994–1997)
- Tobias Kjellgren - Drums (1995–1997)
- Emil Nödtveidt - Bass (1997) (session live)
- Brice LeClercq - Bass (2004–2005)
- Hakon Forwald - Bass (2005)
- Erik Danielsson - Bass (2005–2006) (live session)
Discography[change | change source]
Albums[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Dissection Announce Plans To Split-up". Metal Underground. Retrieved 2013-04-17.
- "Dissection Frontman Jon Nödtveidt Commits Suicide". Metal Storm. Retrieved 2013-04-17.