Disturbed performing at 2008's Sweden Rock Festival.
|Origin||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Genres||Alternative metal, nu metal, hard rock|
|Years active||1994-2011; 2015-present|
|Labels||Giant, Warner Bros., Reprise|
|Past members||Steve "Fuzz" Kmak|
Disturbed is a rock band from Chicago, Illinois. They were formed in 1994 and have sold over 11 million albums in the United States alone and almost 20 million around the world. All of Disturbed's albums have been number one on the Billboard 200. Four of their albums have been number one on their first week on the Billboard 200.
History[change | change source]
Disturbed's original name was Brawl, and had a different singer. David Draiman joined Brawl, and changed the name to Disturbed. In 2000, Disturbed released their first CD, called The Sickness. Since 2000, The Sickness has sold over 4 million copies in the United States. In 2002, Disturbed released a DVD called M.O.L.. This has music videos and videos of the band while on tour. Later in 2002, Disturbed released another CD, called Believe. After Disturbed finished a tour in 2003, they fired bassist, Steve Kmak. He was replaced with John Moyer. In 2005, Disturbed released another album called Ten Thousand Fists. One of Disturbed's songs, "This Moment" was put in the movie Transformers. In 2008, Disturbed released another album, called Indestructible. Some of the songs from Indestructible were put on the video game Rock Band.
Band members[change | change source]
- Current lineup
- Dan Donegan – guitars (1996–2011, 2015–present)
- Mike Wengren – drums (1996–2011, 2015–present)
- David Draiman – vocals (1996–2011, 2015–present)
- John Moyer – bass (2004–2011, 2015–present)
- Steve "Fuzz" Kmak – bass (1996–2003)
Timeline[change | change source]
Albums[change | change source]
|2005||Ten Thousand Fists|
|2011||The Lost Children|
References[change | change source]
- "Disturbed > Chart success > Billboard Albums". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. Retrieved March 11, 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Disturbed Interviewed on KISW's 'The Men's Room'; Audio Available". Blabbermouth.net. Roadrunner Records. July 25, 2008. Archived from the original on July 15, 2011. Retrieved March 6, 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)