|Original author(s)||Dries Buytaert|
|Initial release||January 2001|
8.1.9  / 3 August 2016
|Size||64.9 MB (uncompressed Drupal 8 core) |
|Type||Content management framework, Content management system, Community and Blog software|
|License||GPLv2 or later.|
Drupal // is a free and open source software application that is installed on servers. When installed and configured, Drupal helps people make websites that are secure, safe, and stable. Drupal also allows users to share modules with each other. Modules are like building blocks that when installed make new features available.
References[change | change source]
- Drupal 8 release history; drupal.org
- "Licensing FAQ". drupal.org. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- "How does one pronounce "Drupal"?". drupal.org. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- "Install Drupal for Windows". microsoft.com. Microsoft. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- "Usage statistics for Drupal core". drupal.org. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- Wilson, Chris. "Message Error: Why running the White House Web site on Drupal is a political disaster waiting to happen". slate.com. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- "Developers". whitehouse.gov. United States Government. Retrieved 2 March 2016.