History[change | change source]
The duduk is one of the oldest double reed instruments in the world which dates back over 3,000 years. Many different duduks can be found in Armenia and the Caucasus. The roots of Armenian duduk music go back to the times of the Armenian king Tigran the Great (95-55 BC). The instrument is seen in many Armenian manuscripts of the Middle Ages.
References[change | change source]
- "Intangible Heritage : UNESCO-CULTURE". Unesco.org. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Jivan Gasparyan, "Eshkhemed"
- Jivan Gasparyan & Nune Yesayan "Dle Yaman"
- Jivan Gasparyan "Tribute" Archived 2007-06-30 at the Wayback Machine
- Jivan Gasparyan "Horovel" Archived 2007-06-05 at the Wayback Machine
- Jivan Gasparyan "Hin U Nor Husher" Archived 2007-06-22 at the Wayback Machine
- Vatche Hovsepyan "Duduk" Archived 2011-03-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Duduk.co.uk Archived 2013-01-25 at the Wayback Machine