|Dunkin' (U.S. and other selected countries, 2019–present)|
Dunkin' Donuts (other selected countries)
|Founded||1950Quincy, Massachusetts, U.S.in|
Number of locations
|Revenue||US$1.32 billion (2018)|
Dunkin' Donuts, often abbreviated as DD and officially known as simply Dunkin',[n 1] is an American multinational franchise based in Canton, Massachusetts.
The company started as a traditional donut shop, selling doughnuts and coffee. Later, they added flavored coffee and iced coffee. They also began to sell breakfast sandwiches: these contain egg, cheese, and pork (bacon, ham, or sausage), on bread (bagel, croissant, or English muffin). With the addition of breakfast sandwiches, Dunkin' Donuts has since become a popular spot for a quick breakfast.
The franchise was established around 1950, in Quincy, Massachusetts. As of 2010, over ten thousand Dunkin' Donuts locations exist worldwide. Their largest market outside of the United States is in South Korea. Its name was officially changed to simply Dunkin' in 2019.
Sources[change | change source]
- ↑ "Dunkin' Donuts LLC". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved February 20, 2020.
- ↑ "SEC Filing Dunkin Brands, Inc". investor.dunkinbrands.com. 2019. Archived from the original on 2020-02-03. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- ↑ Fantozzi, Joanna (Mar 11, 2019). "Dunkin' Brands names new chief legal officer". Nation's Restaurant News. Retrieved March 12, 2019.
- ↑ "How Has Dunkin' Brands Revenue Performed And What Is Its Potential?". Forbes.
- ↑ "Dunkin' Donuts is officially dropping the 'Donuts' from its name despite earlier backlash". Business Insider.
- ↑ The company officially began doing business as Dunkin' in 2019. Most stores have retained the Dunkin' Donuts imprint in use since 1950.