Eagle Comics was a short lived comic book company that existed to reprinting comic serials from the UK's 2000 A.D. magazine for distribution in North American. They existed from 1983 to 1986 and were based in London, England, with product production and distribution in Canada.
History[change | change source]
The company was formed by Nick Landau to republish stories from the comics anthology, repackaged into American comic book format (in the same way his Titan Books had been reprinting them as trade paperbacks). In 1986 the license, from IPC, passed to Quality Communications.
Titles[change | change source]
The series they brought to American audiences included-
- Judge Dredd (33 issues - continued by Quality Comics)
- Judge Dredd: The Judge Child Quest (5 issue mini-series)
- Judge Dredd's Crime File (6 issue mini-series)
- Judge Dredd: The Early Cases (6 issue mini-series)
- The Stainless Steel Rat (6 issue mini-series)
- Strontium Dog (8 issue mini-series)
- Robohunter (5 issue mini-series)
- Nemesis The Warlock (7 issue mini-series)
- 2000 A.D. Monthly (6 issues)