Whitcomb in 2006
|43rd Governor of Indiana|
January 13, 1969 – January 8, 1973
|Preceded by||Roger Branigin|
|Succeeded by||Otis Bowen|
|Secretary of State of Indiana|
December 1, 1966 – December 1, 1968
|Preceded by||John Bortoff|
|Succeeded by||William Salin|
November 6, 1917|
Hayden, Indiana, U.S.
|Died||February 4, 2016
Rome, Indiana, U.S.
(m. 1953-1986, divorced)
(m. 2013-2016, his death)
|Alma mater||Indiana University, Bloomington
Indiana University, Indianapolis
|Service/branch|| United States Army Air Corps
United States Army Reserve
|Years of service||1940–1946 (Army Air Corps)
1946–1977 (Army Reserve)
|Rank|| Lieutenant (Army Air Corps)
Colonel (Army Reserve)
|Battles/wars||World War II
• Fall of the Philippines 1941-2
• Battle of Bataan
• Battle of Corregidor
Edgar Doud Whitcomb (born November 6, 1917) was the 43rd Governor of Indiana.
References[change | change source]
- "Governor Edgard Doud Whitcomb". National Governor's Association. Retrieved 2009-03-18.
- "Ex-Indiana Gov. Whitcomb, prison of war in WWII, dies at 98". WTHR. 4 February 2016. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Edgar Whitcomb at Wikimedia Commons
- "Official Biography from the Indiana Historical Bureau". Retrieved 2009-08-20.
- Gugin, Linda C. & St. Clair, James E, ed. (2006). The Governors of Indiana. Indianapolis, Indiana: Indiana Historical Society Press. ISBN 0-87195-196-7.
Raúl Héctor Castro
|Oldest living American governor
April 10, 2015 – February 4, 2016
David P. Buckson