Eva Evelyn Burrows
Eva Burrows at The Salvation Army's Australia Southern Territory Training College
|13th General of The Salvation Army|
|Preceded by||Jarl Wahlström|
|Succeeded by||Bramwell Tillsley|
|Born||15 September 1929|
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
|Died||20 March 2015 (aged 85)|
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
|Relations||Only living sister from 8 siblings, Margaret Emma Southwell who resides in Melbourne|
|Residence||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
Eva Evelyn Burrows, AC (15 September 1929 – 20 March 2015) was an Australian community welfare organiser. From 1986 to 1993, Burrows served as the 13th General of the Salvation Army. She served as an Officer of the Salvation Army from 1951 to her retirement in 1993.
References[change | change source]
- "Salvation Army leader General Eva Burrows dies, aged 85". Daily Telegraph.com. Retrieved March 22, 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Biography and Interview from Australian Biography Online
- General Eva Burrows, biography at Women's International Center
- "Why Help the Poor?" – A condensed version of an address delivered by General Burrows at the opening session of the Third Asia-Pacific Regional Workshop on Banking with the Poor held in Brisbane 21–25 November 1995.
- Burrows, Eva Evelyn in The Encyclopedia of Women and Leadership in Twentieth-Century Australia