EveryDoctor is a British grassroots campaigning and advocacy group made up of National Health Service doctors. The group started in 2019, and grew during the COVID-19 pandemic in the United Kingdom. In May 2021, EveryDoctor and the Good Law Project brought legal action against the British government. This was about COVID-19 PPE contracts made during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. They accused the Department of Health and Social Care of breaking the law in the way they bought PPE supplies. They also claimed that the PPE was no good and led to the deaths of medical professionals from COVID-19.
References[change | change source]
- Shepherd, Alison (18 May 2021). "Doctors shine light on legal fight against PPE contracts". BMJ. 373: n1259. doi:10.1136/bmj.n1259. ISSN 1756-1833. PMID 34006501.
- "I'm a doctor, yesterday I took the government to court over PPE – here's what happened". The Independent. 23 April 2021. Retrieved 25 May 2021.
- Glass, Jess (20 May 2021). "Government defends use of 'VIP lane' for PPE supply in first wave of Covid". www.standard.co.uk. Retrieved 25 May 2021.
- "Covid-19: VIP fast-track for PPE contracts back in court". BBC News. 22 April 2021. Retrieved 25 May 2021.
- "Ministers 'lobbied' officials over PPE contracts, court hears". the Guardian. 18 May 2021. Retrieved 25 May 2021.