Ewald-Heinrich von Kleist-Schmenzin
|Ewald-Heinrich von Kleist-Schmenzin|
10 July 1922|
Schmenzin, Province of Pomerania, Weimar Germany
8 March 2013 (aged 90)|
Wehrmacht Officer (1940–44)|
|Spouse(s)||Gundula von Kleist (1960–2013) his death|
|Parent(s)||Ewald von Kleist-Schmenzin|
A member of the von Kleist family, his parents were active in the German resistance against Adolf Hitler. Ewald-Heinrich von Kleist-Schmenzin, who lived to be 90, was the last surviving member of the 20 July 1944 plot to assassinate Hitler.
Ewald-Heinrich von Kleist died at his home in Munich on 8 March 2013 from natural causes. He was 90.
References[change | change source]
- Last survivor who plotted to kill Hitler dies at 90
- Angst halte ich für sehr vernünftig. Der Spiegel Feb 28, 2011
- Lehrer, Steven (2002). Hitler Sites: A City-by-city Guidebook (Austria, Germany, France, United States). McFarland. p. 224. ISBN 0-7864-1045-0.
- Lehrer, Steven (2006). The Reich Chancellery and Führerbunker Complex: An Illustrated History of the Seat of the Nazi Regime. McFarland. p. 214. ISBN 0-7864-2393-5.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Ewald-Heinrich von Kleist-Schmenzin at Wikimedia Commons
- Baron von Kleist is Ambassador’s Guest of Honor
- Interview with Ewald von Kleist (German)
- Ewald-Heinrich von Kleist-Schmenzin on 15 November 2007, Stauffenberg 100th anniversary
- Ewald-Heinrich von Kleist, plotter against Hitler and founder of the Munich Conferences, died on March 8th, aged 90; economist.com, Mar 23rd 2013