Jump to navigation Jump to search
House of Representatives
|Senate 2 terms (8 years)|
House of Representatives 4 terms (8 years)
|Founded||May 26, 1845|
|Preceded by||Legislative Council of the Territory of Florida|
Senate Majority Leader
Senate Minority Leader
House Majority Leader
House Minority Leader
|Seats||160 voting members|
State Senate political groups
House of Representatives political groups
Length of term
|Senate 4 years|
House of Representatives 2 years
|Salary||$18,000/year + per diem (Subsistence & Travel)|
|In God We Trust|
|Florida Capitol (Old Capitol in foreground), Tallahassee|
The Florida Legislature is the legislature of the U.S. State of Florida. It is organized as a bicameral body made of an upper chamber, the Senate, and a lower chamber, the House of Representatives.
References[change | change source]
- "House Majority Leadership Team". Florida House of Representatives. Archived from the original on 2018-11-21. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- "Bill Galvano of Bradenton elected president of Florida Senate". Bradenton Herald.
- "Passidomo named majority leader, Benacquisto retains chairmanship in Florida Senate". Fort Myers News-Press.
- "Senate Democrats select Audrey Gibson as 2018-20 leader". Florida Politics.
- "The 2017 Florida Statutes F.S. 11.13 Compensation of members". Florida Legislature.
- "CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA". Florida Legislature. Archived from the original on December 8, 2008. Retrieved June 14, 2011.
- "FAQ". Florida Senate.