Florida State University
|Florida State University|
|Motto||Vires, artes, mores|
|President||T. K. Wetherell|
|Location||Tallahassee, Florida, United States|
|Athletics||NCAA Division I FBS|
|Mascot||Chief Osceola and Renegade|
Florida State University is a large school in Tallahassee, in the north part of Florida, U.S.A. It is one of the two most important public universities in Florida, together with the University of Florida. More than 40,000 students go to school there, usually starting after high school (secondary school) at an age of about 18 years. About 9,000 of the students already have a degree (diploma) from college, and are learning even more, to earn an advanced degree.
The University is made up of 16 colleges: Arts and Sciences; Business; Communication; Criminology and Criminal Justice; Education; Engineering; Human Sciences; Information; Law; Medicine; Motion Picture, Television and Recording Arts; Music; Nursing; Social Sciences; Social Work; and Visual Arts, Theatre and Dance.
Florida State University is more than 150 years old. The fees to attend the school (tuition) in 2006 were $3,175 for people from Florida and $16,306 for people from other places, for each term (about 4 months).
Their athletics team, the Seminoles have 17 varsity teams and have claimed 2 national championships (1993, 1999) in football.
References[change | change source]
-  State Library and Archives of Florida - The Florida Memory Project Timeline (see 1851) Retrieved on April 28, 2007 Archived 11 June 2009 at WebCite
-  Foundation's FY 2007 annual reports Retrieved on January 24, 2008.
-  2008 NACUBO Endowment Study Retrieved on January 24, 2008.
-  Florida State University Office of Institutional Research, Percentage Full-Time Employees by EEO Category Fall 1995 through Fall 2006 Retrieved on May 12, 2007.
-  Florida State University Office of Institutional Research, Enrollment and Faculty - FSU student/faculty statistics for fall 2006 Retrieved on May 11, 2007.
-  Florida State University Office of Institutional Research, Enrollment and Faculty - FSU student/faculty statistics for fall 2006 Retrieved on 5-11-2007.
-  FSU, FAMU continue to see grad-student enrollment go up Retrieved on November 6, 2007.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Florida State University.|