Francisco Ibáñez Talavera
Francisco Ibáñez Talavera (born 15 March 1936), Spanish comic book artist and writer. He was born in Barcelona, Spain. He is the creator of several comic book series. The most famous series he created is Mortadelo y Filemón.
Ibáñez worked in a bank while publishing his first drawings before dedicating himself fully to his craft in 1957. A year later, Mortadelo y Filemón appeared for the first time in the publication Pulgarcito. After that Ibáñez created several other characters. Since 1988, he has drawn six new Mortadelo y Filemón albums a year. Many of them concern common issues of the day.
In 1994, he received the Grand Prize of the Salón del Cómic de Barcelona. In 2001 he received the Medalla de Oro al Mérito en las Bellas Artes ("Gold Medal for Contributions to the Fine Arts"). He received the "Premios Notario del Humor" 2008 from the University of Alicante.
Works[change | change source]
- Mortadelo y Filemón, agencia de información (1958).
- La familia Trapisonda, un grupito que es la monda (1958)
- 13, Rue del Percebe (1961)
- Godofredo y Pascualino viven del deporte fino (1961)
- Ande, ríase usté con el arca de Noé (1961)
- El botones Sacarino (1963)
- Rompetechos (1964)
- Pepe Gotera y Otilio (1966)
- Chicha, Tato y Clodoveo (1985)
- 7, Rebolling Street (1987)
- Doña Pura y Doña Pera vecinas de la escalera
- Don Pedrito que está como nunca
- El doctor esparadrapo y su ayudante Gazapo
- Tete Cohete
References[change | change source]
- Moreiravalencia, M. (18 January 2008). "imprimir enviar por email rectificar Valoración: Gracias por votar Ibáñez, artesano 50 años después" (in Spanish). ABC.es. Retrieved 15 December 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "IBÁÑEZ Y EL JUEVES, PREMIOS NOTARIO DEL HUMOR '08 DE LA UA" (in Spanish). University of Alicante. Retrieved 15 December 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)