The Civil War era Soldiers' Monument and the Stephenson County Courthouse in Freeport.
|Nickname: Pretzel City, USA|
|Elevation||778 ft (237 m)|
|Area||11.79 sq mi (31 km²)|
|- land||11.78 sq mi (31 km²)|
|- water||0.01 sq mi (0 km²)|
|Density||2,316.9 /sq mi (895 /km²)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Freeport, Illinois|
Freeport is a city of Illinois in the United States, it is also the county seat of Stephenson County, Illinois.  The population was 25,638 at the 2010 census. The mayor of Freeport is George W. Gaulrapp, who was elected in 2005.
References[change | change source]
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
Other sites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Freeport, Illinois.|
- City of Freeport
- Freeport/Stephenson County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Freeport Area Chamber of Commerce
- Stephenson County Historical Society
- Freeport Downtown Development Foundation
- Freeport Park District
- Freeport School District #145
- Northwest Illinois Development Alliance
- 1994 reenactment of Lincoln-Douglas Debate in Freeport televised by C-SPAN (Debate preview and Debate review)